As a Manager - Sales, you will provide strategic direction and progressive leadership to achieve sales and profit goals within a region, specific line(s) of business or channels. You will design and recommend sales and marketing programs and set short and long-term sales strategies. You will manage a single location with a total sales revenue of up to $50 million and manage a team of direct reports.
- Develops and administers sales plans to ensure customer satisfaction, assigned quota attainment, good reference accounts, and highly skilled and motivated staff.
- Partners with Marketing to develop and implement sales marketing programs and initiatives.
- Determines annual sales and gross profit plan by implementing marketing strategies and analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing sales quota for territories.
- Projects expected sales volume and profit for existing and new product lines and customers.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with market supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
- Coordinates order service by directing account representatives and executives on quotations, proposals, project order management techniques, and customer complaint resolution.
- Establishes and adjusts billing margin by monitoring costs, competition and market conditions and negotiating cost side levels.
- Manages sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Maintains sales staff results by coaching employees, planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Develops and maintains relationships with top customers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Forecasts and communicates intricate details to senior business managers.
- interfaces with internal support departments to establish positive customer experience.
- Partners with suppliers to maintain customer relationships, provides training to staff, and executes marketing programs and initiatives.
- Partners with various internal departments to troubleshoot issues such as inventory and operations.
- High School Degree or Equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree - Sales, Business Administration, Engineering, or relevant field preferred.
- Prior professional sales experience in related industry/3+ years.
- Prior experience with managing a sales team or sales programs/1+ year.
- Working knowledge of business and management principles in strategic planning, resource allocation and coordination of people and resources.
- Demonstrated verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to exercise teamwork, leadership, and flexibility.
- Excellent time management and computer skills.
- 5 years related industry professional sales.
- 2 years managing staff and programs at national, district or regional level.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.