- Build relationships with key decision makers and influencers within current clients as well as new clients in partnership with our industry vertical and marketing teams
- Shape opportunities and create execution approaches throughout the lifecycle of client engagements
- Understand how the other capability and practice teams at Publicis Sapient interact and how to best work together to expand business and technology partnerships
- Deeply understand the challenges that our clients face and
- apply your in-depth knowledge of multiple programming languages, architectural patterns, frameworks, and tooling to create elegant solutions to problems
- Adopt new software languages and paradigms, distributed programming models and shape the wider application landscape to address client challenges, while effectively articulating rationale for those choices
- Work effectively with product stakeholders to communicate and translate their needs into system requirements and software modules
- Apply data solutions across multiple business use case and problems
- Drive growth for the Engineering capability through thought-leadership and client advisory
- Lead by example in the design and development of high-quality, hygienic, and manageable code, maximizing the cloud's elastic scale, and shift-left practices of code quality checks, observability, performance, and security and foster a robust peer review culture within your engineering teams
- Ingrain DevOps practices of building infrastructure as code, continuous integration through deployment automation, BDD & TDD of features and functionality through code within your engineering teams
- Identify root causes of problems in software as well as in your organizational machine through debugging, discovery, and proactive remediation of potential problems
- Manage the engineering teams quality of delivery, mentor the technical team, manage technical risk, and face-off against client IT leadership in defining the solution roadmap and converting business capabilities into digital reality
- Ensuring all deliverables are of high quality by setting development standards, adhering to the standards, and participating in code reviews
- Drive improvements to the engineering maturity of your organization to improve speed, quality, and value of software products
- Bring in agility that enables your engineering teams to balance between rapid delivery of MVPs to prove value of a business idea to subsequently building robust and resilient software that's built to last
- Foster a generative culture of growth through governance practices that encourage sharing of knowledge, mentorship and development, training and certification, and continuous self-development of engineers in your teams
- Build and grow the Engineering team to develop top talent, ensure delivery success, and help strengthen branding for both hiring and selling
- Mentor, support, and manage 100+ person team
- Several years of enterprise customer, technology delivery, consulting, advisory or equivalent experience
- Extensive skills in software engineering in distributed computing building web or mobile based applications, platforms, services, and data
- Solid people management experience with preferably experience with managing architects
- Fluency with cloud native services in one or more of the three major clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure) with at least one professional level cloud certification
- Hands on experience across all layers of the application stack, with knowledge of at least one programming language at each architecture layer
- Middleware: java, C# etc.
- Data Engineering: java, SQL, etc.
- Devops: Terraform, java, python, etc.
- Manage the details of end-to-end implementation, keeping track of dependencies within a large design, and communicating the vision and ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Deep understanding of and experience with data architectures, information systems, deployment and storage techniques, and information management and analysis tools
- Understands machine learning concepts, related data needs, common frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Mxnet and typical usage scenarios
- Designed and built production ETL, data pipelines, and entity resolution systems and taken them to full production, preferably in the cloud
- Know how to ship iterative features to production with DevOps practices (CI/CD etc.)
- Strong background in application development using service-oriented architecture and 12-factor methodology of building cloud-native platforms in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Understand how Martech (Marketing Technologies) can be applied to Travel & Hospitality clients to maximize customer acquisition, engagement and retention
- Ability to distill complex problems into methodologies such as, Domain Driven Design, Microservices, Data pipelines, Messaging, Eventing, Async Processing
- Expertise in systems integration, custom development, and package implementation
- Proven background as an engineering leader in delivering complex solution design, delivering large programs, and obtaining approval from enterprise architecture stakeholders
- Proven ability to lead a technical track of 50+ software engineers
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to lead teams that rapidly learn the client's current digital ecosystem and produce a future data landscape vision and strategy considering the transformation agenda and business goals
- Excellent presentation/public speaking skills, client communication and facilitating skills, ability to influence others and gain consensus, and team collaboration
Pay Range: $129,000 - $252,000
The range shown represents a grouping of relevant ranges currently in use at Publicis Sapient. Actual range for this position may differ, depending on location and specific skillset required for the work itself.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients' businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.