- Collaborate with various Business function teams and the data science team to build high quality, performant solutions that ensure stakeholder groups have access to the data they need
- Define a set of standard technologies & tools for the data platform, and drive the adoption, implementation, and ongoing sustaining of the data platform
- Develop an organizational structure and operating model in which the engineers thrive in cross-functional teams (with analysts, data scientists, etc) that are embedded and dedicated to business and product areas
- Data Management practices including Data Modeling, ETL practices, Aggregation patterns, and Data warehousing principles
- Deep experience with data engineering, big data and analytical technologies using cloud-based data platforms
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, with a proven ability to operate in a fast moving environment
- Expertise in SDLC (systems development life cycle)/Iterative/Agile/Scrum development
- Strong leadership skills to move the team through a major change, initiative to drive change forward and identify solutions to potential obstacles
- Be a change agent and foster a learn by doing environment
- Exceptional judgment, strategic thinking, and creative problem-solving skills. Strong analytical mind.
- Prior experience with Data Warehouse or Data Lake solutions similar to Redshift, Cloud environments similar to AWS, Big Data solutions
This position is responsible for understanding our business and IT strategy and ensuring that we have the skills and capabilities required to deliver on our business and technical commitments. Will establish strategic goals, policies and procedures for managing supply chain of data and focus on delivering continuous improvement within the area and lead IT initiatives and special projects within their portfolio of applications. Manage production assurance and technology currency for IT systems and applications. Identify gaps in the team skill set and conducts training/mentoring. Manage the spend to budget. Ensure applications are operating with efficiency and meeting established SLAs.
- Influences changes/enhancements to business processes, policies, and system infrastructure.
- Manage the selection, evaluation, contracting, and integration of externally available hardware, software, and data to deliver business solutions.
- Directs and manages though analysis, planning, design, development, testing, installation, and maintenance of support systems for business areas.
- Selects and builds strong teams through formal training, diverse assignments, and coaching, mentoring, and other development techniques.
- Manages and develops project cost estimates, benefits and assessment of potential project risks.
- Manages projects, people, customer expectations, and business priorities to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Manages budgets, plans and expenses; may have cost center responsibilities.
- Oversees throughput for encounter processing acting as liaison between the customer and Magellan IT teams.
- Oversees and acts in review board fashion for reports delivered from Magellan to the customer.
- Manages vendors.
- Shares best practices throughout IT.
Other Job Requirements
10+ years of experience in Data and Integration Engineer and leading teams through the development and support of applications.
Must have 2+ years of experience leading teams.
Broader experience across IT or across different industries (for external hires) is a must.
Experience in health care, insurance or related field.
Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to coach and build skills within the team.
General Job Information
Dir, Data Engineering and Integration - Fully Remote
Work Experience - Required
Work Experience - Preferred
Education - Required
A Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered., Bachelors - Computer and Information Science
Education - Preferred
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred