Peratons Department of Education Program is looking to add a Cloud Technology Director to the team! The qualified individual will be leading a high performing team of Engineers.
What You Will Do:
- Lead client infrastructure & cloud migration engagements, including cloud migration strategy, application cloud suitability/readiness assessment, migration roadmap planning, sourcing options, proposal development, business case development and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud.
- Present at a CIO level how to ensure modern applications can be fully cloud optimized to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability.
- Analyze application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing transformation feasibility Introducing mechanisms for wide scale adoption such as Cloud and DevOps enablement functions, Centers of Excellence, Enterprise re-skill models.
- Lead design, implementation and migration to new IT infrastructure and cloud (IaaS/PaaS) environments for new applications and workload migrations from on-prem to cloud using various techniques such as re-platform, rehost, rearchitect etc. and use service introduction process to accept workloads for cloud delivery operations.
- Provide application migration and modernization advise to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
- Suggest best practices for advanced cloud-based solutions on how to migrate and/or re-develop existing workloads to the cloud.
- Shape, execute and deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases from large enterprise customers.
- Provide expert thought leadership and enhancement of the infrastructure & cloud management methodologies and lead the implementation of industry best practices.
- Lead research efforts for new tools and technology in the cloud to meet application and security requirements.
- Develop and manage Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a service (PaaS) solutions through cross technology administration for Amazon web services.
- Lead cloud-based disaster recovery, high availability, and other similar technologies for providing business continuity.
- Manage public cloud consumption cost management and provide cost savings recommendations to business users.
- Conduct project and issue management (including staffing, financials, quality, status reporting, risk/issue reporting) for assigned scope of work and make decisions that impact the team through regular consultation with senior management.
- Lead efforts to utilize AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, Lambda, CodeStar, Amazon Elastic Container Services, Fargate, and Amazon EKS to design and build modern applications that are more secure, reliable, scalable, and quickly available for customers.
- Assist in defining enterprise operating models for AWS and driving buy-in across complex organization structures.
- Develop and deliver workshops to educate leaders and identify/address short term blockers and build action plans.
- Solicit feedback from Enterprise customers and influence future iterations of the AWS platform.
- Provide thought leadership by publishing content and delivering public facing sessions on Enterprise Cloud Transformation.
- Bachelors Degree and 16 to 18 years of experience OR a Masters Degree and at lest 14 years of experience
- Experience leading CIO level cloud design technology, process landscape and overall solution strategy
- 10 years plus experience in performing large scale cloud implementation and migration engagements
- 10 years plus experience with AWS cloud technologies and knowledge of IT infrastructure technology process and tools
- 10 years plus consulting experience in a professional services environment
- 10 years plus leading Enterprise Solution Architectures within the Cloud and Operations Support Systems
- 10 years of end-to-end experience in Project/Program Management
- Experience documenting and explaining Cloud infrastructure solution architectures to senior leaders
- Excellent understanding of telecom networks, Cloud & DevOps, cutting-edge cloud AWS Architecture
- System Development methodology experience
- Knowledge of industry best practices for designing, implementing, and maintaining infrastructure and service availability throughout the enterprise
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement with demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity
- Proven experience in business development and/or proposal development in support of related specialty areas
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word)
- Must have AWS Certifications
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Agency clearance
- Knowledge and experience in delivering of Cloud based solutions to include previously leading a Cloud Delivery team managing AWS core services such as VPC, Route53, S3, EC2, IAM, RDS, EBS, and Gateways
- AWS Management console and configuring AWS services, including CloudWatch, SNS, CloudTrail, and VPC Flow logs; Infrastructure automation using scripting languages, including Terraform and CloudFormation
- Setting up infrastructure monitoring and alerting in public cloud using infrastructure monitoring tools, including Splunk and CloudWatch
- Managing cloud hygiene and compliance
- AWS cost optimization, and managing reserve instances and savings plans
- Creating chargeback reports for customer
- Ability to manage multiple assignments apply problem-solving skills
- Federal or Government experience is a plus
At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best beyond the work you do with us daily. We're fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Salary Minimum: $97,500
Salary Mid: $195,000
Salary Maximum: $243,800