Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl?
We are always moving forward - always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities. We invest heavily in you - not only through learning, training, and career development, but also through the flexible working practices and stellar benefits that help you grow and progress long-term. And we give back - from planting 90,000 trees in our first 3 months as part of our One Tree Planted initiative to the Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Social and Governance practices embedded within everything we do, we are committed to powering human progress in an ethical, sustainable way.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Architects at Kyndryl enjoy an innovative culture, an expectation of creativity, and unprecedented opportunities for personal and professional growth. Here, you can break free of entrenched corporate culture to help shape a fresh perspective and move beyond legacy infrastructure to create something new and different. Enjoy working as part of a team, not part of a bureaucracy and invent solutions that don't exist yet for global clients across industries. You'll be able to explore and leverage career-building opportunities across industries and markets with the cloud skills you have and seize the opportunity to keep adding more.
- Designs, builds, tests, and deploys cloud orchestrated solutions that integrate cloud and non-cloud infrastructure following enterprise operational, ITSM and CISO requirements.
- Ability to work independently on multiple cloud projects in a dynamic environment
- Involved in multiple workstream(s) where you were an active contributor and can talk to the progress and results of a specific project
- Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and growth of the Hybrid/public cloud infrastructure following automation principles.
- Implement continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines when necessary.
- Demonstrates passion in learning new technologies quickly gaining new certifications in cloud/modern technologies.
- Should be able to deploy public/hybid cloud infrastructure and platform environments, creates a proof of architecture to test architecture viability, security and performance.
- Deliver new and complex high-quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements focusing on multi cloud management platform integrator
- Enables catalogue build capabilities for customers leveraging their existing technology investments via any of industry leading orchestrator tech products ex: - VMware, vRA, Hashicorp, Morpheous data, Cloudbolt, HP Greenlake, DELL Apex and Snow commander
- Innovative technical platform engineering
- Deliver new and complex high-quality solutions to diverse industry specific clients (public, financials, manufacturing, travel etc.) in response to varying business requirements
- Provide differentiated consulting services on advisory, design, integration, and implementation to various Kyndryls clients with platform engineering concepts and building products for their internal application teams
- Ability to solution architect and build engineered automation integrations for driving cloud adoptions across the enterprise applying DevOps/SRE practices
- Make recommendations on strategic solutions that can scale meeting customer security/compliance requirements while meeting simplified user experience and drive private/hybrid cloud adoption
- Routinely required to be involved in selling ranging from initial client exploratory meeting, gathering requirements, structuring solution bid, and ramping up the team for execution
If you are hired, the anticipated compensation range for the position $123,740.00 to $296,980.00 is based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your geography, job-related skills, and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately. If this is a sales role, you may be eligible for additional incentive compensation opportunities. For non-sales roles, you may be eligible for Kyndryl's Growth Driven Profit-Sharing plan.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ Years of building or leveraging Cloud management orchestration tools, Private cloud VMware (IaaS/vCenter/vRA/vRops) Azure, AWS, Hybrid, VMware, vRA, Hashicorp, Morpheous data, Cloudbolt, Snow commander
- 10+ years of deploying solutions on various platforms such as AKS/EKS, Azure Stack HCI, ARC, Edge computing
- 10+ years of Architecture, Engineering applying IaC, Terraform, Python, Azure Administrator, Software development background with hands on coding skills
- Demonstrates strong expertise in Build, test, release, and manage the configuration of all production system for day 0/1/2 following software development lifecycle
- Strong technical background and good understanding of core IT concepts and their mapping to cloud foundations/landing zones constructs
- Demonstrates Full stack Hands on and SME knowledge to build automated CI/CD pipelines with modern DevOps solutions, IaC concept (eg Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Bicep, cloudformation, etc )
- Strong Infrastructure Foundations knowledge across network, security and compute such as image building, IAM, Networking (vNet, subnets, firewalls, Load balancing), Security Integrations with Vault, certificates
- Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected framework
- Proven skills, experience and career path focused on Public Cloud DevSecOps and SRE Solutions (AWS, Azure)
- Able to demonstrate consistent passion, drive and energy in the face of ambiguity/resistance
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Docker, Containers and containers orchestration (eg, Kubernetes, OpenShift, EKS/AKS)
- Ability to articulate key technologies' impact on security, availability, cost, capacity, etc.
- Experience in Agile (Kanban, SAFe, and Scrum)
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC
- Other Hyperscalers (AWS, GCP) are a plus
- Advanced certification on Azure (expert level) with real experience in leveraging technology
- Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics
- Proven ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject-matter experts
Being You @ Kyndryl
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it's how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we're not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks (KINs) are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you - and everyone next to you - the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That's the Kyndryl Way.
Other things to know
Kyndryl offers a wide range of resources for eligible employees to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to: 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Well-being programs to support mental and physical health. Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money. Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law. Kyndryl will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.