DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We're doing it by building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it's a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the changing world.Job Duties and Responsibilities What you will be doing
A VMWare Engineer with Dish Wireless will be directly working in environments supporting automated deployment and management on a VMWare cloud native environment. This role will work directly towards increasing automated recovery and zero touch provisioning using tools like: Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Gitlab, Jenkins, and more.
- Design, install, and administer virtualization using VMware and Hyper-V tools or similar interfaces
- Develop automated scripts for monitoring or analyzing the operation of infrastructure
- Proactively identify and recommend updates to software or architecture as necessary before reaching capacity limitations
- Create and maintain technical documentation and standard operating procedures
- Develop automated responses to incidents so that manual intervention is not necessary
- Champion system metrics (MTBF, MTTR, etc.) and convey them to decision makers on a regular basis
- Manage priority of issues and tickets and participate in rotating an on-call schedule with other members of the team, including weekends
_AC Skills, Experience and Requirements Skills and experience
A successful VMWare Engineer will have the following at a minimum:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical degree; four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 or more years of professional experience in VMware services and tools
- Direct experience with building and administering multiple VMware products across multiple remote locations and data centers
- 1 or more years experience in programming using one or more of the following: Java, C+, Perl, Python, Ruby, or advanced Shell scripting
Preferred additional experience:
- Hands on experience Infrastructure-As-Code, automating deployments, cluster management, and systems security within a CI/CD Pipeline
- Has provided upper-tier support for:
- Bare-metal and virtual machines
- Mass data storage environments
- Network equipment
- Experience with VMWARE infrastructure in a very large enterprise environment
- Experience in Kubernetes regarding containers/Microservices principles
- Disciplined practice of producing, maintaining, and versioning system documentation
Compensation: $75,600.00/Year - $124,200.00/Year Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of DISH. Please note ComputerJobs - Texas Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.