We are looking for a talented Director of Software Engineering for our Card Commercialization team. This leader will have the responsibility to define and drive the platform strategy and roadmap for a new Lending as a Service platform. An ideal candidate will be passionate about platform performance, security and data models while encapsulating Card lending capabilities, systems and services to meet the needs of internal customers and external enterprises. Excellent partnership skills across Product, Tech, Architecture will be needed to design and deliver modular and configurable Credit products. You'll work on customer-facing and internal-facing applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful microservices. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, GO, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, NoSQL databases, relational databases, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Lead, manage and grow multiple teams of product focused software engineers
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers on your team.
- Work with product managers to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios - Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Work across to improve the velocity of your and other teams
- Lead efforts to deploy new and existing applications into AWS environments
- Break existing monolithic applications into micro service architectures and build new microservices
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years' experience in software development
- At least 5 years' experience in people management
- Master's Degree
- 10+ years' of experience in software development
- 5+ years' of experience in Agile practices
- 3+ years of experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of Software
- 1+ year of experience with public cloud technology
- 1+ years of experience in B2B platforms
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
|Location||Allen, TX (75013)|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Posted||2 days ago|